With all of the talented seamstresses on the board, I thought that I would ask what advice you have for creating your own patterns. When I was younger I use to sew a lot and made clothes for Kirsten and sometimes created my own patterns/designs. I was only 12-15 so at the time I thought my creations were pretty good, but now I can?t imagine Kirsten wearing them. Fast forward 10 years, I now have some free time and have started to sew again. I have no problem making doll clothes from McCalls and Simplicity patterns. I have even used Vogue and official AG patterns without too many problems, but I want to be able to design my own doll clothes. I have found that sewing is a lot of trial and error, but does anyone have any advice on how to learn to create patterns? I have tried reading some books at that library, but does anyone have a particular one they found useful?